Thursday, January 20, 2011

Department Store Art

A couple years ago, I took some photos of a New York department store's window displays with my i-phone. A couple of the pics turned out great and seemed ready made for a painting.  So far, I have painted two.  Below are the original picture and then my painting.  I hesitated to display my first one because the picture of the painting is so bad (you can see a huge glare and I took it with my i-phone which has a terrible camera).  I'm displaying it anyway and I will take a better picture at some point. 




2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Reminds me of artist Giovanni Boldini's paintings, which have a sense of basic glamour and stark sophistication done remarkably well.

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/Boldini_-_Cl%C3%A9o_de_M%C3%A9rode.jpg

    [painting: Cleo de Merode]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pic! I will check this guy out.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete